Oxford® Sling Selector
The term ‘Joerns Healthcare’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Joerns Healthcare, Drakes Broughton Business Park, Worcester Road, Drakes Broughton, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 2AG, United Kingdom. Our company registration number is 05859837 (Registered in England). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet you or your patients specific requirements.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss, injury or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided on an 'as is' basis by Joerns Healthcare and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss, injury or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
These sling tools are designed to provide users with guidance only. The tools are not designed to be a direct replacement for a full face-to-face risk assessment, performed by a competent individual. Always seek professional advice if you are in any doubt about the type of sling required.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Joerns Healthcare. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Joerns Healthcare takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Joerns Healthcare is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you or a patient can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Joerns Healthcare may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2011.
Please only input patient names into this website only where the patient has given his/her consent to you doing so, or where you are legally permitted to do so under data protection legislation and your own professional rules of conduct. By entering patient names into this website, you confirm to Joerns Healthcare that you have such consent or permission to do so.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title of user.
- User contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Patient information, including name, location (if stated) and their status/condition for the purposes of providing the most suitable sling selection.
What we do with the information we gather about you and the patient (excluding the patient’s name):
We require this information to maintain your account, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send users promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
What we do with the patient’s name:
We do not require this information in order to provide a recommendation. A patient’s name is inputted solely at your discretion, and is used only as a reference for your own purposes allowing you to more easily access past recommendations. We will retain this information, if inputted, solely for the purposes of internal record keeping.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
1. This website is built to worldwide web consortium (W3C) security standards.
2. All existing log-in details are held on an encrypted database as are future user names and passwords.
3. All inputted customer and patient details are held on an encrypted database.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive.
The cookies on this website simply store an encrypted line of text which holds a users credential's for accessing the site. It is 'strictly necessary' to enable the user to log in to the system, without it the site would not function at all.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Due to the global nature of the internet, you can access your account from any internet-linked computer anywhere in the world. Hence your information, and your patient’s information, will be made available to you in whatever country you choose to access your account, including countries outside the European Economic Area. You should consider that country’s data privacy laws before accessing your account, bearing in mind the duties you owe (if any) to your patients.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Joerns Healthcare Ltd, Drakes Broughton Business Park, Worcester Road, Drakes Broughton, Pershore, Worcestershire, WR10 2AG.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct or remove any information found to be incorrect.
This website and its content is copyright of Joerns Healthcare. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Sling use and compatibility Statement (Excludes United States and Canada):
Oxford always recommends using genuine Oxford products. Oxford sling and lift products are designed to be compatible with one another. If another manufacturer’s product is used in combination with an Oxford sling or lift, it is the responsibility of a competent person to conduct a thorough risk assessment to ascertain suitability. Failure to assess this risk could mean the sling and lift combination is unsafe and may result in serious injury to patient and/or caregiver. For further guidance please contact Joerns Healthcare.